For Immediate Release:
July 29, 2016
Secretary of the Commonwealth's Office: Denise Burch, Denise.Burch@governor.virginia.gov
Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
RICHMOND – Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his Administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s Administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Office of the Governor
Robert Mejia, Special Assistant for Intergovernmental Affairs
Robert Mejia has been appointed to the position of Special Assistant for Intergovernmental Affairs. Prior to this position, Robert served as a Governor’s Fellow in the Office of Intergovernmental Affairs in Washington, D.C. Robert graduated with a Bachelor’s of Art in Politics from The Catholic University of America.
Secretariat of Administration
Taylor Melton, Executive Assistant
Taylor Melton has been appointed to the position of Executive Assistant to the Secretary of Administration. Prior to his appointment, Taylor worked for the Secretary of Administration in various capacities, serving first as an intern, then as a Governor’s Fellow, and most recently as a Special Assistant. Taylor was recently named a Community Leader of the Year by Inspire Virginia, a nonpartisan voter registration group, for his work on Virginia High School Student Registration Week. Taylor graduated with a Bachelor’s of Arts in Political Science from Virginia Commonwealth University.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Board for Architects, Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, Certified Interior Designers and Landscape Architects
- Caroline Alexander, IIDA of Alexandria, Senior Project Manager, Cushman Wakefield
- Robert A. Boynton, FAIA* of Richmond, Principal, Boynton Rothschild Rowland Architects PC
- Carolyn B. Langelotti, PE* of Midlothian, Partner, Austin Brockenbrough & Associates
Board of Counseling
- Bev-Freda L. Jackson, PhD, MA of Arlington, Program Manager, Office of Planning Policy and Program Support, Child and Family Services Agency, District of Columbia Government
- Terry R. Tinsley, PhD, LPC, LMFT, NCC, CSOTP of Gainesville, Director of Clinical Services, Youth For Tomorrow
Board of Funeral Directors and Embalmers
- Mia F. Mimms, FSL, JD, LLMof Richmond,President, Mimms Funeral Home
- Connie B. Steele, FSL* of Roanoke, Manager, Serenity Funeral Homes and Cremation Service
Board of the Virginia College Building Authority
- John G. Dane* of Midlothian, Vice President, Regional Manager, Community Banker’s Bank
- The Honorable C. Evans Poston Jr. of Norfolk, Commissioner of the Revenue, City of Norfolk
Commonwealth Neurotrauma Initiative Trust Fund Advisory Board
- Raighne C. Delaney, Esq. of Alexandria, Shareholder, Bean, Kinney & Korman, P.C.
Local Government Advisory Committee to the Chesapeake Bay Executive Council
- The Honorable Andria P. McClellan of Norfolk, Superward 6 Councilwoman, City of Norfolk
- Patrick H. Crawford* of Virginia Beach, Territory Sales Representative, Dean Foods, Inc.
Virginia Board of Workforce Development
- Carrie Roth* of Midlothian, Executive Director, Virginia Biotechnology Research Partnership Authority; President & CEO, Virginia Biotechnology Research Park Corp.
Virginia Foundation for the Humanities and Public Policy
- Edward A. Mullen, Esq.* of Richmond, Partner, Reed Smith LLP
9-1-1 Services Board
- Terry Ellis of Sutherland, Vice President of Government Operations, Virginia Cable Telecommunications Association
- Danny W. Garrison* of South Chesterfield, Director of Communications, Richmond Ambulance Authority