Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
RICHMOND – Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his Administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s Administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Secretariat of Administration
Christopher Beschler, Director, Department of General Services
Christopher Beschler has most recently worked for the City of Richmond, starting in 2006 as the Director of Public Utilities and ultimately being promoted to Deputy Chief Administrative Officer of Operations. Prior to his employment in Richmond, Chris worked from 1980-2006 at Yankee Gas Services Company, Connecticut’s largest natural gas utility. Chris began as a Staff Engineer and progressively worked his way through the company to becoming the Vice President of Operations and Interim Chief Operating Officer. Chris’ experience in both the public and private sector brings a unique, broad-based expertise in developing positive relationships. Additionally, Chris’ engineering and management background are an effective blend in managing capital projects and leading highly successful teams. Chris graduated from the University of Connecticut with an M.B.A. in Business Administration and from the University of Connecticut with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Investment Authority
- Jonathan M. Aberman of McLean, Founder and Managing Director, Amplifier Ventures and Chairman, TandemNSI
- Bernard Mustafa of Ashburn, CEO, Pleasant Valley Business Solutions
- Michael Rao, PhD of Richmond, President, Virginia Commonwealth University
Veterans Services Foundation
- Nicole B. Carry of Norfolk, Solutions Architect, Electronic Systems, Inc.
- Jack O. Lanier, PhD of Richmond, Executive Director, Quin Rivers Community Action Agency
- Thomas V. Mulrine of Leesburg, former Loudon County Prosecutor and Criminal Defense Lawyer
Virginia Asian Advisory Board
- Rumy J. Mohta of Midlothian, CEO, Atlas Branding & Communications
Virginia Museum of Natural History Board of Trustees
- Makunda Abdul-Mbacke, MD, MPH of Axton, Physician, Piedmont Preferred Women’s Healthcare Association, Inc.
- Thomas Benzing, PhD of Waynesboro, Professor of Integrated Science and Technology, James Madison University
- Jennifer H. Burnett of South Boston, Attorney, Clement & Wheatley
- Cord L. Cothren of Danville, Aquatics & Childcare Director, Danville Family YMCA
- Barry M. Dorsey, EdD of Martinsville, Owner, BMD Consulting, LLC
- Tiffany Haworth of Martinsville, Executive Director, Dan River Basin Association
- Janet Scheid* of Vinton, Retired
Virginia Offshore Wind Development Authority
- Varun K. Nikore of Arlington, President, Banyan Global and Member, Virginia Commercial Space Flight Authority