For Immediate Release:
June 5, 2015
Office of the Governor: Brian Coy, (804) 225-4260, Brian.Coy@governor.virginia.gov
| Secretary of the Commonwealth’s Office: Denise Burch, Denise.Burch@governor.virginia.gov
Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Board for Professional Soil Scientists, Wetland Professionals and Geologists
- Robin L. Bedenbaugh, PWD of Midlothian, Ecological Sciences Section Leader, HDR
- Larry James Giannasi, PG, CPSS of Mechanicsville, President and Founder, GeoEnvironmental Services, Inc.
Board of Criminal Justice Services
- The Honorable Michael R. Doucette of Lynchburg,Commonwealth’s Attorney, City of Lynchburg
Board of Education
- Billy K. Cannaday, Jr., Ed.D.* of Chesterfield, Vice Provost for Academic Outreach and Dean, School of Continuing and Professional Studies, University of Virginia
- Lorraine S. Lange, Ed.D. of Roanoke, Retiring Superintendent, Roanoke County Public Schools
Board of Virginia Coalfield Economic Development Authority
- The Honorable D. Michael Hymes of Tazewell, President, HY Performance Management Consulting LLC.; member, Tazewell County Board of Supervisors
Hampton Roads Sanitation District Commission
- Michael E. Glenn* of Norfolk, Principal, Luna Development
- Willie Levenston* of Portsmouth, Retired Supervisor Electronic Engineer, Norfolk Naval Shipyard
Secure Commonwealth Panel
- Donald W. Upson of Herndon,Chief Operating Officer, UNICOM Global; appointed Virginia’s first Secretary of Technology in 1998
Virginia Agricultural Council
- Kimberley H. Nixon of Rapidan, Co-Owner, Glenmary Farm LLC and Western View Plantation LLC
Virginia Board for Workforce Development
- Mark Herzog* of Henrico, Vice President of Corporate Affairs, Kaléo, a Richmond- based pharmaceutical company. Will serve as Chair.
- Nathaniel X. Marshall* of Lynchburg, Sr. HR Specialist & Corporate EEO Manager, Babcock and Wilcox. Will serve as Vice Chair.
- Jeanne Armentrout* of Roanoke, Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer, Carilion Clinic
- Thomas A. Bell of Norfolk, Business Manager, Iron Workers Local Union 79
- Mark Dreyfus* of Virginia Beach, President, ECPI University
- Lane Seawell Hopkins of Richmond, Senior Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer, Capital One Financial Corporation
- The Honorable Mary Hughes Hynes* of Arlington, Chair, Arlington County Board
- Bruce D. Phipps* of Roanoke, President and CEO, Goodwill Industries of the Valleys, Inc.
- Brian T. Warner* of Midlothian, Head of Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing, Rolls-Royce Corporation North America