Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Secretariat of Commerce and Trade
Lynette E. Hammond, Deputy Commissioner, Virginia Employment Commission
Lynette E. Hammond previously served as a government relations specialist at Virginia State University where she collaborated with local, state and federal representatives to advance university priorities. During the administration of Governor Timothy Kaine, Ms. Hammond served as Deputy Secretary of Commerce and Trade. She has served as legislative liaison for the Virginia Economic Development Partnership and the Virginia Employment Commission and as the Director of the Administrative Law Advisory Committee with the Division of Legislative Services. Lynette received a Master of Public Administration from Virginia Commonwealth University and a Bachelor of Arts from Virginia Tech with a concentration in political science and communications.
Secretariat of Technology
Eric Link, Interim Director of the Virginia Information Technologies Agency
Eric Link most recently served as the Executive Director of Legal and Legislative Services at the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA), where he was responsible for providing executive leadership to VITA, as well as overseeing the agency’s interactions with the Virginia General Assembly and the Office of the Attorney General. In addition to his time serving the Commonwealth, Link has worked at both the local and federal government levels. Link, a member of the Virginia State Bar, earned both his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Richmond.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Board of Trustees of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Judy Niemyer, MD of Marshall, Vice President of Design and Creative Services, Washington Capital Advisors, LLC
Council on Women
- Hala Ayala of Woodbridge, Information Technology Security Specialist, Department of Homeland Security
Modeling and Simulation Advisory Council
- Christopher L. Barrett, PhD of Blacksburg, Executive Director and Professor, Virginia Bioinformatics Institute at Virginia Tech
Radford University Board of Visitors
- Krisha Chachra of Blacksburg, Vice Mayor, Town of Blacksburg
State Water Control Board
- Lou Ann Jessee-Wallace of St. Paul, Owner, Design Printers
Virginia Commission on Higher Education Board Appointments
- James M. Burke of Richmond, Director, Performance Management Group, L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs, Virginia Commonwealth University
Virginia Manufactured Housing Board
- Dennis Jones of Rocky Mount, General Manager, Fleetwood Homes in Rocky Mount