Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Secretariat of Health and Human Resources
Chelyen Davis, Communications Advisor
Chelyen Davis has spent 17 years in journalism, including more than a decade covering state government and politics. She has worked for newspapers in Bluefield, Lynchburg and Fredericksburg, most recently as assistant editorial page editor at the Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star. She holds a bachelor's degree in English from the University of Virginia and is a native of Bluefield in Southwest Virginia.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Board for Contractors
- Jeffery W. Hux of Norfolk, President, Norfolk Plumbing Inc.
Board for Hearing Aid Specialists and Opticians
- Pamela S. Chavis, MD of Crozier, retired Neuro-Ophthalmologist
- Eric Hecker, PhD* of Williamsburg, Owner, Dr. Hecker and Associates
Board for Waste Management Facility Operators
- Joseph R. Levine* of Dublin, Executive Director, New River Resource Authority
Board for Waterworks and Wastewater Works Operators and Onsite Sewage System Professionals
- Douglas Perry Greene* of Midlothian, Wastewater Treatment Plant Superintendent, Hanover County, Department of Public Utilities
Board of Education
- Elizabeth Vickrey Lodal of McLean, Former Principal, The Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology
Fort Monroe Authority
- The Honorable James P. Moran of Alexandria, Senior Legislative Advisor, McDermott Will & Emery LLP; former Member of the U. S. Congress
- Dr. William R. Harvey of Hampton, President, Hampton University
Modeling and Simulation Advisory Council
- Gianna Z. Fernandez of Arlington, Senior Engineer, Leidos