For Immediate Release:
January 23, 2015
Office of the Governor: Brian Coy, (804) 225-4260, Brian.Coy@governor.virginia.gov
| Secretary of the Commonwealth’s Office: Denise Burch, Denise.Burch@governor.virginia.gov
Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments - January 23, 2015
RICHMOND – Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Secretariat of Commerce and Trade
Sara Dunnigan, Executive Director, Virginia Board of Workforce Development
Sara Dunnigan previously managed her consulting firm, SJ Dunnigan Consulting, where she advised clients on issues that bridged workforce and economic development. Prior to that role, she was a project manager and strategist for Chmura Economics and Analytics. Sara's experience includes work for the Greater Richmond Partnership where she was responsible for talent development and managed a nationally recognized business retention and expansion program. She has served as a member of the Resource Workforce Investment Board. Sara received a Bachelor of Science degree from Wright State University and is recognized by the International Economic Developers Council as a certified economic developer (CEcD).
Kelly Spraker, Manager, Communications and External Affairs
Kelly Spraker has served as Confidential Assistant to the Secretary of Commerce and Trade since February 2014. Previously, she was a member of the corporate team at CarLotz, Inc., where she managed event planning and customer engagement. During the administration of then Governor Mark Warner, Kelly served as Special Assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff and Commissioner of the Department of Social Services. Kelly holds a Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing from James Madison University.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
State Historical Records Advisory Board
- Jay Gaidmore of Toano, Marian and Alan McLeod Director of the Special Collections Research Center, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William & Mary
- Katherine Egner Gruber of Williamsburg, Curator, The Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation
- Ervin L. Jordan, Jr.,* of Charlottesville, Associate Professor, General Faculty and Research Archivist, Small Special Collections Library, University of Virginia
- Michele Lee* of Falls Church, Special Collections Librarian, Fred W. Smith National Library for the Study of George Washington
- Cyndy A. Neville, MAEd of Triangle, President/CEO, Neville Empowerment Network, Inc.
- William B. Obrochta of Richmond, Manager of Educational Services, Virginia Historical Society
- Megan H. Rhyne, Esq. of Williamsburg, Executive Director, Virginia Coalition for Open Government
Virginia Coal and Energy Commission
- Clarence K. Tong of Alexandria, Legislative Affairs Manager, Environmental Defense Fund