For Immediate Release:
November 7, 2014
Office of the Governor: Rachel Thomas, (804) 225-4262, Rachel.Thomas@governor.virginia.gov
Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Secretariat of Commerce and Trade
Valerie Braxton-Williams, Confidential Assistant for Policy for the Virginia Employment Commission
Valerie Braxton-Williams is a native of Richmond who has extensive experience in the areas of education, law, and legislative policy and process. She received her B.S. degree from Virginia Union University and completed graduate studies at Virginia State University to become certified in Exceptional Education. Prior to this appointment, she served for fifteen years with the Senate of Virginia as a Legislative Assistant in the office of Senator Henry L. Marsh, III.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Advisory Board on Occupational Therapy
- Karen L. Lebo, Esquire of Richmond, Senior Business Intake Manager, Hunton & Williams
- Kathryn B. Skibek, MS, OTR/L of Woodbridge, Assistant Professor/Academic Fieldwork Coordinator, Northern Virginia Community College OTA program, Springfield
Board of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
- Angela Williams Moss, MA, CCC-SLP of Richmond
- Laura Purcell Verdun, MA, CCC/SLP* of Oak Hill, Voicetrainer LLC
Board of Counseling
- Jane Engelken Nevins LPC, LSATP of Fairfax Station, Clinical Director Phoenix House Mid-Atlantic
Board of Psychology
- James L. Werth, Jr., PhD of Pennington Gap, Behavioral Health and Wellness Services, Director, Stone Mountain Health Services
Board of Trustees of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Michele O. Petersen of McLean
- G. Henry Goodrich* of Wakefield, Owner/Operator, BEN-GAR Farms
- E. Phillip Hickman, III of Horntown, Operator, Dublin Farms, Inc.
- Wesley S. Marshall* of Weyers Cave, Owner/Operator, Marshall Farms, LLC
- Ellen D. Baber* of Cartersville, Retired
- Hobey Bauhan of Harrisonburg, President, Virginia Poultry Federation, Inc.
- Lori Wagner Campbell* of Damascus, Part Owner, Dutt and Wagner of Va
- Lance R. Minear, PhD* of Midlothian, Consultant
- Paul L. Ruszler, PhD* of Blacksburg, Extension Poultry Specialist – Commercial Eggs, Virginia Tech Extension
- W. Keith Sheets *of McGaheysville, General Manager, Faraway Farms Inc.
- Rodney Y. Wagner* of Abingdon, Owner/Operator, Green Valley Poultry Farm
GenEdge Alliance (aka A. L. Philpott Manufacturing Extension Partnership Board of Trustees)
- Wayne P. Stilwell, PhD of Manassas, CEO of Stilwell Technology and Robotics
- Wayne C. Barnes* of Dinwiddie, Self Employed Farmer
- Ernest L. Blount* of Elberon, Self Employed Farmer
- Michael J. Marks* of Capron, Co-owner, Marks Farms and Co-owner, Marks Produce
Scientific and Technical Advisory Committee to the Chesapeake Bay Executive Council
- Joshua G. Behr, PhD of Norfolk, Associate Research Professor, Old Dominion University
- Harrison A. Moody* of Blackstone, Owner, Green Meadows Farm
- Susan A. Watkins of Sutherland, Co-owner, Watkins Farms and President, Watkins Outdoor Products
- Robert W. White, Jr.* of Virginia Beach, Owner, R.W. White Farm, LLC
- Colin Whittington of Amelia, Farm Manager, Featherstone Farm Seed
State Rehabilitation Council
- Bruce D. Phipps of Roanoke, President and CEO, Goodwill Industries of the Valleys, Inc.
Virginia Interagency Coordinating Council
- Bonnie M. Grifa of Chesapeake,State Early Childhood Mental Health Coordinator,The Partnership for People with Disabilities, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Wyvonnie V. Harsley, CPM, MS, of Lorton, Fiscal Reviewer, Danya International, Inc.
- The Honorable Daun Sessoms Hester of Norfolk, Member, Virginia House of Delegates
- Angie Leonard* of Blue Ridge, Executive Director, Blue Ridge Autism and Achievement Center, Roanoke
- Kathleen M. McCauley, Esquire* of Richmond, Moran Reeves Conn, PC; Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Richmond, T. C. Williams School of Law
- Allan J. Phillips, MS* of Oakton,Director, Infant and Toddler Connection of Fairfax-Falls Church
- Catherine Rey of Chesterfield, Parent Advocate
- Kelly Walsh-Hill, PT* of Warrenton, Pediatric Physical Therapist, Chair, Virginia Interagency Coordinating Council
- Kerry Lee White of Nokesville, Regional Manager, Moms in Motion, LLC