For Immediate Release:
October 3, 2014
Office of the Governor: Rachel Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org
Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Secretariat of Health and Human Resources
K. Joseph Flores, Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Resources
Joe Flores has been appointed Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Resources, where he will provide policy and administrative direction to state agencies within the secretariat. Prior to this appointment, Mr. Flores served the Commonwealth as an analyst for the Senate Finance Committee since 2002, where he was responsible for the breadth of fiscal policy issues in health and human resources. Mr. Flores received his Bachelor’s Degree from Texas A&M and his Master of Science, Public Management and Policy from Carnegie Mellon University.
Kathy Drumwright, Chief Deputy for the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services
Kathy Drumwright has been serving as Acting Chief Deputy since June 2014. Prior to that appointment, Ms. Drumwright was the Assistant Commissioner for Quality Management and Development. Ms. Drumwright has spent her career in public service with over three decades in the Community Services Boards of Chesapeake, Portsmouth, and Virginia Beach, developing, managing and leading the delivery of services to those with serious and persistent disabilities.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Advisory Board on Acupuncture
- Lynn Almloff, DAOM, LAc* of Virginia Beach, Almloff Acupuncture, LLC
- Janet L. Borges, MSTCM, LAc of Richmond, Thunderbolt Wellness
- Sharon Crowell, MAc of Sterling, private practice
- Leslie Rubio of Richmond, Comptroller, Premier Appraisal Group, Inc.
- Cheanny Ung, MD* of Roanoke, Virginia Interventional Spine and Pain Center
Advisory Board on Athletic Training
- Debi Corbatto, MS, ATC of Fairfax, Assistant Athletic Director, Sports Performance, George Mason University Athletics
- Michael J. Puglia, ATC, VATL of Richmond, Bon Secours Sports Medicine
Head Athletic Trainer Powhatan High School
- Sara L. Whiteside, MS, VATL, ATC of Orange, Athletic Trainer and Teacher, Chancellor High School, Fredericksburg
Alexandria Historical Restoration and Preservation Commission
- K. Carter Batey, Jr. of Alexandria, Legislative Assistant, Senate of Virginia
- Chris Yianilos of Alexandria, Executive Director, Government Relations, Virginia Tech
Board of Veterinary Medicine
- Ellen G. Hillyer, MPH, DVM of Richmond, Associate Veterinarian, Cabin Point Veterinary Hospital, Disputanta
Board of the Virginia College Building Authority
- Katharine M. Bond of Mechanicsville, Director, Public Policy and Executive Director, Dominion Foundation, Dominion Resources, Inc.
- Dennis LaGanza of Alexandria, Vice President & Director, State Government Relations, Genworth Financial
- Lain O’Ferrall of Richmond, Retired
- Lane B. Ramsey of Chesterfield, Partner, DecideSmart and former Chesterfield County Administrator
Board for Blind and Vision Impaired
- Tina L. Hawley of Newport News, Administrative Assistant III, Newport News Public Schools
- Marsha Hester* of Richmond, Retired, Real Estate Appraiser
- Lynn Lesko, MBA of Hampton, Secretary, Peninsula Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind; Independent Living Advocate: Insight Enterprises Peninsula Center for Independent Living
Citizens Advisory Committee to the Chesapeake Bay Executive Council
- Dale A. Gardner of Bridgewater, Chesapeake Agricultural Coordinator, Waterstewardship, Inc.
- Paula Hill Jasinski of Gloucester Point, President, Chesapeake Environmental Communications
Potomac River Fisheries Commission
- Ida C. Hall* of Kilmarnock, Commercial Waterman
Scientific Advisory Committee
- Randall E. Beaty* of Austin, Texas, Deputy Scientific Director, Breath Alcohol Laboratory, Texas Department of Public Safety, Crime Laboratory System
- Maureen Bottrell of Vienna, Geologist/Forensic Examiner, Trace Evidence Unit, FBI Laboratory
- Richard P. Meyers* of Herndon, Section Chief/Quality Assurance Manager, Office of Forensic Sciences, United States Drug Enforcement Administration
- Alphonse Poklis, PhD* of Richmond, Professor of Forensic Science; Director of the Mass Spectrometry Core Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Virginia Commonwealth University
State Rehabilitation Council for the Blind and Vision Impaired
- Rebecca J. Bridges* of Arlington, Human Capital Consultant, Federal Management Partners, Inc.
Virginia Board of Workforce Development
- Doris Crouse-Mays of Vinton, President, AFL/CIO
- Barry E. DuVal* of Richmond, President, Virginia Chamber of Commerce
- The Honorable Mary Hughes Hynes of Arlington, Member, Board of Supervisors
- Brett A. Vassey* of Midlothian, President and CEO, Virginia Manufacturers Association