For Immediate Release:
November 17, 2017
Office of the Governor: Brian Coy, (804) 225-4260, Brian.Coy@governor.virginia.gov
| Secretariat of the Commonwealth, Caroline Corl, Caroline.Corl@governor.virginia.gov
Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
RICHMOND – Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his Administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s Administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Secretariat of Health and Human Resources
Jodi Manz, MSW, Assistant Secretary for Health and Human Resources; Policy Advisor for the Department of Health
Jodi Manz has been appointed as Assistant Secretary for Health and Human Resources and Policy Advisor for the Department of Health. Previously Jodi served as the Policy Advisor in the Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Resources. A native of the Richmond area, she spent several years working in religious education and youth programming in Chicago before returning to Richmond to complete the graduate program in Social Work Administration, Planning, and Policy Practice at VCU. In her role in the Secretary’s office, she works with stakeholders, state agencies, and legislators on a variety of health policy issues impacting all Virginians with a particular focus on the opioid and heroin epidemic.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Coal Surface Mining Reclamation Fund Advisory Board
- Gavin M. Bledsoe* of Big Stone Gap, Reclamation Services Manager, Division of Mine Land Reclamation, Department of Mines, Minerals, and Energy
Commonwealth Transportation Board
- Stephen A. Johnsen of Onancock, Retired Insurance Executive
- E. Scott Kasprowicz* of Middleburg, Business Executive, Managing member of the Rockcrest Group
- John Malbon* of Virginia Beach, Senior Vice President, World Fuel Services
- The Honorable Court G. Rosen* of Roanoke, Partner, Hist:Re Partners, LLC
Council on Women
- Margie Del Castillo of Alexandria, Associate Director of Community Mobilization, National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health
Marine Products Board
- Wayne France* of Warsaw, Self-Employed Commercial Waterman
- Ann A. Gallivan* of Franktown, CEO, JC Walker Brothers, Inc.
- Andy Hall of Reedville, General Manager, Omega Protein Reedville Plant
- Hannah Kellum* of Farnham, Full-Time Student, and Public Relations Administrator, W.E. Kellum Seafood
- Michael J. Oesterling, MS ofGloucester, Executive Director, Shellfish Growers of Virginia
- Michael Schwarz, PhD of Norfolk, Director, Virginia Tech – Virginia Seafood AREC
- Brian W. Terry of Belle Haven, President, New Inlet, Inc., Subsidiary, H.M. Terry Company, Inc.
State Board of Health
- The Honorable Katherine B. Waddell of Richmond,former Member, Virginia House of Delegates; former Special Advisor to Governor Terence McAuliffe on Women’s Issues
Virginia Council for the Interstate Compact for Juveniles
- Cindy Capriles, LCSW, CTP-C, Senior Bilingual Domestic and Sexual Violence Counselor, Safe Harbor
- Laurel Marks* of Henrico County, Manager, Juvenile Services Section, Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services
Virginia Foundation for Healthy Youth
- Ghulam Qureshi, MD of Richmond, Virginia Cancer Institute
Virginia Soybean Board
- Harrison A. Moody* of Blackstone, Farmer and Owner/Manager, Green Meadows Farm
- Susan A. Watkins* of Sutherland, Co-Owner, Watkins Farms, and President, Watkins Outdoor Products, Inc.
- Robert W. White, Jr.* of Virginia Beach, Owner and Operator, R.W. White Farm, LLC
- John Colin Whittington* of Amelia, Farm Manager, Featherstone Farm