Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
RICHMOND – Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his Administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s Administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Board of Education
Tamara Wallace, PhD, Associate Dean, Radford University College of Education and Human Development.
Dr. Wallace has served since June 2014 as Associate Dean and Director of Field Experience. She oversees development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding admission, retention, clinical experiences, graduation, and licensure for candidates in 22 educator preparation programs.
Prior to her selection as Associate Dean, Dr. Wallace taught in the elementary education program for eight years. She began her career as an educator in Roanoke City, first as a middle school teacher and later as an assistant principal.
Board of Medicine
- Martha S. Wingfield of Ashland, community volunteer
Board of Trustees, A.L. Philpott Manufacturing Extension Partnership (dba Genedge)
- Tamea L. Franco*of Roanoke, President/CEO, Global Metal Finishing, Inc.
- Richard J. Gagliano, MBA of Charlottesville, President and CEO AccuTec Blades, Inc., Verona
- Marilyn Hanover, BS/Chemical Engineering*of Penhook, Hanover Business Solutions, LLC; formerly with Sartomer and Dow Chemical
- Jeffrey S. Jaycox, BS/Engineering of Virginia Beach, President/Owner Tabet Manufacturing Co., Norfolk
- Wayne P. Stilwell, PhD* of Manassas, CEO, Stilwell Technology and Robotics, LLC
Southern Virginia Higher Education Center Board of Trustees
- Paul C. Nichols of Mecklenburg, Superintendent, Mecklenburg County Public Schools
- The Honorable Dennis Witt of Halifax, Chairman, Halifax County Board of Supervisors; retired school superintendent
Southwest Virginia Cultural Heritage Foundation
- Kevin Byrd, AICP of Blacksburg, Executive Director, New River Valley Regional Commission
- Dean F Chiapetto of Floyd, Independent Agent, Amerilife of the Virginias, LLC
- The Honorable Cathy Lowe* of Abingdon, Mayor, Town of Abingdon; Executive Director, Virginia Highlands Small Business Incubator
- Duane A. Miller of Wise County, Executive Director, LENOWISCO Planning District Commission
- Amanda L. Parris, TMP of Hillsville, Tourism Relations Manager, Carroll County
- Robyn Raines of Abingdon, Center Director of Southwest Virginia 4-H Educational Center
- Ellen Reynolds of Wythe County, Owner, Beagle Ridge Herb Farm
- David E. Rotenizer, TMP of Rocky Mount, Tourism Development Manager, Franklin County Office of Economic Development
- William J. (Bill) Smith of Wytheville/Draper, Owner, Smith Enterprises
- The Honorable Lou Ann Jessee-Wallace* of St. Paul, Owner, Design Printers
Virginia Nuclear Energy Consortium Authority
- Regina W. Carter* of Lynchburg, Vice President, Government Affairs & Communications, BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT)
- Colleen A. Deegan* of North Bethesda, Maryland, Vice President, Bechtel Corporation
- Tom DePonty of Washington, District of Columbia, Director of Government Affairs and Advocacy, AREVA NP
- Richard L. Diddams, CxA of Bedford, Executive Director, Energy Research & Education, Liberty University
- Eugene S. Grecheck, MS, MBA of Midlothian, Principal, Grecheck Consulting LLC
- Andrew Hutton, PhD of Yorktown, Principal Scientist, Jefferson Lab
- Michael K. Lempke of Alexandria, President, Nuclear and Environmental Group, Huntington Ingalls Industries