For Immediate Release:
August 11, 2017
Secretariat of the Commonwealth, Caroline Corl, Caroline.Corl@governor.virginia.gov
Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
RICHMOND – Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his Administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s Administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Office of the Governor
Charles Matthew “Matt” West, Policy Assistant
Matt West has been appointed to the position of Policy Assistant. Matt previously served as a 2017 Governor’s Fellow. He recently graduated from the University of Virginia with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History and Government. While at UVA, Matt also served as the Chairman of the University’s Honor Committee.
Alexa Pinzón, Assistant Chef at the Executive Mansion
Alexa Pinzón has been appointed to the position of Assistant Chef at the Executive Mansion. Prior to her appointment, Alexa was the pastry chef at the popular Richmond dessert restaurant, Shyndigz. Alexa is a native of Richmond, VA, and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Baking and Pastry Arts from Johnson & Wales University in Rhode Island.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Leslie J. Frazier, Assistant Director of Appointments
Leslie J. Frazier has been appointed as the Assistant Director of Appointments in the Office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth. She has been with the administration since January 2014 and previously served as the Policy Director for the Secretary of Veterans and Defense Affairs. Prior to joining the administration, Leslie worked on Governor McAuliffe’s inaugural committee as the Hampton Roads Ball Lead, planning a ball that honored Virginia’s veterans, active duty military, and their families. Leslie received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Government and Spanish from the University of Virginia and her Master of Public Administration (MPA) from Virginia Tech.
Advisory Board on Service and Volunteerism
- Elizabeth B. Childress* of Richmond, Government Affairs Specialist, Spotts Fain Consulting
- Mark Fero* of Ruther Glen, Programs Administration Manager, Office of the Attorney General of Virginia
- Ashley W. Hall, MPA*of Richmond, Manager, Capital Region Collaborative
- Gina Lewis of Hampton, Director, Department of Human Services, Foster Grandparent Program, includes Williamsburg, James City County, York County, Newport News and Hampton
- Seema Sethi, MPS, MBA* of Fairfax, President and CEO of Society for Enrichment of Asians
- Leslie Van Horn* of Norfolk, Executive Director, Federation of Virginia Food Banks
Small Business Commission
- Zaki Barzinji of Vienna, Public Affairs Consultant, ZSB Advisory, LLC
- Leopoldo Martinez of McLean, Principal, LMN Consulting LLC; Board Chair, Latino Victory Project
- Deborah Baum* of Floyd, Owner, Sew What By: Deb
- Charlie Diradour* of Richmond, President, Lion’s Paw Development Company
Virginia Biotechnology Research Park Authority
- Ken Ampy* of Midlothian, Chief Executive Officer, Astyra Corporation
- Eric S. Edwards, MD, PhD* of Chesterfield, Co-founder, Vice President - Innovation, Research and Development, Kaleo, Inc.
Virginia Port Authority
- The Honorable Alan A. Diamonstein* of Newport News, Senior Partner, Patten, Wornom, Hatten & Diamonstein LC; former member, Virginia House of Delegates
- Val S. McWhorter* of Vienna, attorney and founding member, Smith, Pachter, McWhorter
- John G. Milliken* of Arlington, former Virginia Secretary of Transportation
- Louisa M. Strayhorn of Virginia Beach, CEO, LSA Consulting USA, LLC