For Immediate Release:
December 16, 2016
Office of the Governor: Brian Coy, (804) 225-4260, Brian.Coy@governor.virginia.gov
Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
RICHMOND – Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his Administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s Administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- The Honorable Robert W. Lazaro Jr. of Purcellville, Acting Executive Director, Northern Virginia Regional Commission; former Mayor, Town of Purcellville
- The Honorable David G. Speck of Alexandria, Managing Director, Speck-Caudron Investment Group of Wells Fargo Advisors; former member, Virginia House of Delegates and Alexandria City Council
Motor Vehicle Dealer Board
- Daniel Banister of Chesapeake, Owner, Nissan of Chesapeake LLC
State Building Code Technical Review Board
- Aaron L. Zdinak, PE of Henrico, Geotechnical Leader, HDR Engineering, Inc.
- James “Jim” Carney of Midlothian, retired Vice President Corporate Finance & Assistant Treasurer, Dominion Resources, Inc.; Member, Board of Directors, Gas Natural Inc.
State Water Control Board
- Robert H. Wayland of White Stone, former Office Director and Deputy Assistant Administrator, US Environmental Protection Agency
Virginia Board for People with Disabilities
- Traci E. LaGanke, MSc of Glen Allen, public speaker, author, disability advocate; Partners in Policymaking Certification