Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
RICHMOND – Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his Administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s Administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Office of the Governor
Erik Johnston, Deputy Policy Director
Erik currently serves as the Director of Government Affairs for the Virginia Association of Counties. Prior to that, he served as Associate Legislative Director for the National Association of Counties. Erik grew up in Roanoke County and now resides in Chesterfield County. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and International Affairs from the University of Mary Washington and his Master’s degree in Public Administration and Graduate Certificate in Local Government Management from Virginia Tech.
Secretariat of Health and Human Resources
Lisa Hahn, Chief Deputy Director at the Virginia Department of Health Professions
Lisa has served at DHP as the Executive Director of 6 different Boards, and as the Deputy Director of Investigations. She also served as the Chief of the Private Security Services Section at DCJS, and began her career as a Police Officer and Crime Analyst for the Richmond Bureau of Police. She has a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice from the University of Maryland, and a MPA from VCU.
Secretariat of Public Safety and Homeland Security
Thomas Fitzpatrick, Policy Advisor at the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services
Tom previously served in several positions in the City of Richmond’s administration, most recently as a Deputy Director at the Department of Justice Services and as the Chief Deputy Director at the Department of Social Services. Before working for the City of Richmond, Tom worked as an attorney at the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Virginia. Tom received both his undergraduate and law degrees from the College of William and Mary and is a graduate of the Sorensen Institute for Political Leadership.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Board of Trustees of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Betty Neal Crutcher, PhD, MPH of Richmond, Presidential Spouse, University of Richmond; Executive Mentor, Cross-Cultural Mentoring
Debt Capacity Advisory Committee
- The Honorable Jody Wagner of Virginia Beach, President, Jody’s Inc.
Motor Vehicle Dealer Board
- Liza Myers Borches of Charlottesville, President, Carter Myers Automotive
- Ronald F. Kody* of Rockville, President, Richmond Ford
- Geoffrey M. Malloy of McLean, President, Malloy Auto Group
- Maurice D. Slaughter of Chesapeake, Chairman, MS Family, Inc. (Bayside Harley Davidson)
- Joe C. Tate* of Troutville, Owner and General Manager, Peaks Motors, Inc.
Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, Board of Trustees
- Cheryl A. Carrico, PhD, PE of Abingdon, Consultant, Cheryl Carrico Consulting, LLC
- Danny L. Dixon of Nickelsville, School Administrator and Director, A. Linwood Holton Governor’s School
- Aviva Shapiro Frye of Bristol, Travel Agent, Journeys Unlimited