Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
RICHMOND – Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his Administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s Administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Secretariat of Administration
Felix Sarfo-Kantanka Jr., Deputy Secretary of Administration
Felix Sarfo-Kantanka Jr. previously served as Legislative Director to Governor Terry McAuliffe. Prior to joining Governor McAuliffe’s Administration, Felix served on the Governor-elect’s transition team. Felix has also served as a Special Assistant to Governor Tim Kaine for policy, where he specialized in public safety and Commonwealth preparedness issues. Following his role with the Governor Kaine, Felix joined McGuireWoods Consulting as Assistant Vice President of State Government Relations. Felix also served as legislative assistant to former Delegate and House Minority Leader Franklin P. Hall, overseeing and coordinating activities for the 69th legislative House district, providing constituent services, and researching legislative issues. Felix graduated from Methodist University in Fayetteville, North Carolina, and earned a master's degree in public administration from Virginia Commonwealth University.
Secretariat of Finance
Gina Burgin, Deputy Secretary of Finance
Gina Burgin is the former Deputy Secretary of Administration. Prior to joining the administration, she served as an Assistant City Attorney in Richmond, Virginia, where she advised the City Auditor, Richmond Retirement System, and Department of Finance on finance, tax, bond, procurement, investigative, retirement and contract matters. Gina also practiced for 12 years as a commercial real estate transactions and finance partner with the Richmond law firm of Hirschler Fleischer, PC, and owned a private law firm for 5 years. Gina received her law degree from The Catholic University of America's Columbus School of Law and a B.A. in Radio/Television Communications from The George Washington University.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Advisory Board on Massage Therapy
- Dawn M. Hogue, MA, CMT of Virginia Beach, School Director – Cayce/Reilly School of Massage; Chair – Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation
- Joseph Louis Schibner, IV of Henrico, Licensed Acupuncturist, Certified Massage Therapist; President, the American Institute of Healing Therapies, Masters in Oriental Medicine
Advisory Committee on Juvenile Justice and Prevention
- Lena L. Baker-Scott, MS, MSW, CSAC of Suffolk, CEO, Agape Counseling & Therapeutic Services, Inc.
Board of Conservation and Recreation
- Vincent M. Burgess of Midlothian, Member, Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee
- Nancy Hull Davidson of Richmond, Assistant Attorney General, Criminal Justice and Public Safety Division, Office of the Attorney General
- Dexter C. Hurt of Richmond, Project Manager, Bell Techlogix
Board of Historic Resources
- Eleanor Weston Brown of Hampton, Member, Patten, Wornom, Hatten & Diamonstein
- Clyde Paul Smith of Great Falls, Trustee and Special Projects Director, The National Underwater and Marine Agency
Board of Trustees of the Frontier Culture Museum of Virginia
- Kevin J. Callanan, CFRE, LTC (USA, Ret) of Stephens City, Executive Director, Winchester Medical Center Foundation
- John R. Higgs, MSCHE*of Waynesboro, Owner, Barren Ridge Vineyards
- Peggy B. Sheets* of Staunton, retired, Virginia Department of Rehabilitative Services; former Executive Director, Woodrow Wilson Foundation
Board of Trustees of the Science Museum of Virginia
- Sunita Gupta of Glen Allen, President and Chief Operating Officer of eHealthObjects; Co-Chair of American India Foundation (AIF), Richmond Chapter
- Tiffany Jana, MBA of Richmond, CEO, TMI Consulting
- Matt Mansell of Richmond, Vice President of Government and Regulatory Affairs, Virginia Health Care Association
- Mary Ellen Pauli of Richmond, Director of Course Leaders for WorldStrides
Fair Housing Board
- Linda G. Broady-Myers* of Richmond, Interim Executive Director, Virginia Voice, Inc.
- John H. Crouse, AIA, LEED AP of Virginia Beach, Partner, Saunders+Crouse Architects, LLC
- Stephen A. Northup of Ashland, Retired Partner, Troutman Sanders
- Valerie L. T. Roth of Winchester, Housing Counselor, People Incorporated of Virginia