For Immediate Release:
July 24, 2015
Office of the Governor: Brian Coy, (804) 225-4260, Brian.Coy@governor.virginia.gov
| Secretary of the Commonwealth’s Office: Denise Burch, Denise.Burch@governor.virginia.gov
Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his Administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s Administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Office of the Governor
Ryan O’Toole, Deputy Director of Scheduling
Ryan O’Toole previously served as a Special Assistant for Constituent Services in the Office of the Governor. Prior to his service in Governor McAuliffe’s administration, Ryan worked for multiple electoral and issue campaigns across Virginia at the federal, state, and local levels. He currently also serves as the Governor’s Liaison to the Virginia Latino Advisory Board and is a recent graduate of the Sorensen Institute for Political Leadership. A native of Washington, D.C., he graduated from Fordham University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and is pursuing a Master of Public Administration at Virginia Tech.
Lindsey Watson, Executive Assistant to the First Lady
Lindsey R. Watson previously served in several state government positions at the Virginia Department of Health Professions and, most recently, at the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, where she worked in the Director’s Office of both the Division of Animal and Food Industry Services and the Division of Marketing and Development. A native of Cumberland County, Lindsey graduated from Fuqua School in Farmville and holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Virginia Commonwealth University.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Lashawnda Singleton, Communications Manager, Restoration of Rights
Lashawnda Singleton attended Virginia Commonwealth University, where she received her Bachelor’s degree in Social Work in May 2014. She focused her attention on re-entry programs and recidivism rates in Virginia. She also has studied at J Sergeant Reynolds Community College in addition to working with dual diagnosis adults with mental health issues as she works toward obtaining her certification in Substance Abuse Counseling. She has had the privilege to work with the Offender Aid Restoration Organization of Richmond as a Re-Entry Program Facilitator at Henrico County Jail and Pamunkey Regional Jail. She is the Recording Secretary for the Richmond Association of Black Social Workers and a former Restoration of Rights Specialist.
Advisory Committee on Sexual and Domestic Violence
- Kathy Anderson of Fredericksburg, Executive Director, Empowerhouse
- Teresa C. Berry, LPC LMFT CMT of Roanoke, Executive Director, SARA, Inc.
- Autumn L. Jones, BSCJ of Arlington, Victim/Witness Program Director, Arlington County and City of Falls Church Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney
- Chana Lyn Ramsey, BSCJ of Disputanta, CEO, James House
- Warren L. Rodgers, Jr., BSW of Patrick Springs, Executive Director, Citizens Against Family Violence (CAFV)
- Mindy M. Stell of Dinwiddie, President, Virginia Victim Assistance Network
Board of Visitors of the Virginia School for the Deaf and Blind
- Virgil A. Cook, PhD* of Blacksburg, Associate Professor Emeritus, Virginia Tech
Brown v. Board of Education Scholarship Awards Committee
- Joan Johns Cobbs of Farmville, retired; former Seizure and Forfeiture Specialist, United States Marshals Service, Department of Justice
- Joy Cabarrus Speakes of Cullen, Member, Moton Council and Board of Trustees; President & Owner, Friends Inc.
Ohio River Valley Water Sanitation Commission
- Lou Ann Jessee-Wallace of St. Paul, Owner, Design Printers
Virginia Aviation Board
- Roderick D. Hall of Prince William, Government Affairs Advisor, K & L Gates, LLP
- Cheryl P. McLeskey* of Virginia Beach, Developer / Property Management, McLeskey & Associates
Virginia Commercial Space Flight Authority
- John R. Broderick* of Norfolk, President, Old Dominion University
- Varun K. Nikore of Arlington, President, Banyan Global