Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Office of the Governor
Yael Belkind, Confidential Assistant to Governor McAuliffe
Yael Belkind is the Confidential Assistant to Governor McAuliffe. Ms. Belkind was formerly the Assistant Manager at Blair House, the President’s Guest House, in Washington, DC.
Prior to her job at Blair House, Ms. Belkind worked for Governor McAuliffe when he was Chairman of the Democratic National Committee and the Chairman of the Hillary Clinton campaign. Prior to that, Ms. Belkind worked on Capitol Hill in the United States House and Senate. Ms. Belkind was born in New Delhi, India. Ms. Belkind holds a B.A. in International Relations from Tufts University.
Secretariat of Commerce and Trade
Chris McDonald, Special Advisor for Energy Policy, Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy
Chris has served in various legal, political, and government roles. He graduated from Vanderbilt University with Honors, earning a B.A. in philosophy and political science. After leaving Vanderbilt, Chris moved to Lexington to attend law school at Washington and Lee, where he earned his J.D. There, he focused on administrative, constitutional, and environmental law and served as an editor and executive board member of W&L Law’s Journal of Energy, Climate, and the Environment. Chris is a Memphis, Tennessee, native and currently resides in Richmond.
Secretariat of Public Safety and Homeland Security
Delaney Perdue, Executive Assistant to the Secretary of Public Safety and Homeland Security
Delaney Perdue previously served as the Communications Manager for Restoration of Rights within the Secretary of the Commonwealth. She was a Governor’s Fellow in the Policy Office where she assisted the Policy Director and Legislative Director in advancing Governor McAuliffe’s initiatives. Delaney graduated from Virginia Tech with a B.A. in communication.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Beef Industry Council
- Andy Smith of Rosedale, Manager & Partner, Smithfield Farms
Board for Barbers and Cosmetology
- Daniella Tsamouras* of Richmond, Owner & Licensed Master Esthetician, Spa310
Board for Professional and Occupational Regulation
- Eugene Goldman of McLean, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP
Joint Leadership Council of Veteran Service Organizations
- Air Force Association – Harold H. Barton, Jr., Col USAF (Ret.)* of Yorktown
- The American Legion – Richard C. Oertel, LTC USA (Ret.) of Colonial Heights
- AMVETS – Richard A. Mansfield, CMSgt USAF (Ret.)* of Hampton
- Association of the United States Army – Robert A. Sempek, LTC USA (Ret.) of Midlothian
- Disabled American Veterans – Curtis B. Jennings, Maj USA (Ret.) of Newport News
- Fleet Reserve Association – William B. Ashton, LCDR USN (Ret.) of Fredericksburg
- Korean War Veterans Association – L. Timothy Whitmore, MSGT, USAF (Ret.) of Suffolk
- Legion of Valor of the U.S., Inc. – Robert S. Herbert, CAPT USNR (Ret.) of Virginia Beach
- Marine Corps League – John J. Prendergast, 1st Lt. USMCR (Ret.)* of Powhatan
- Military Order the Purple Heart – James Cuthbertson, CPT USA (Ret.) of Glen Allen
- MOAA – Stuart H. Williams, Col USA (Ret.)* of Springfield
- National Association for Uniformed Services – Dan Dennison, Col USA (Ret.) of Arlington
- Navy Seabee Veterans of America – Glenn Rodriguez, CDR, CEC, USN (Ret.)* of Virginia Beach
- Non Commissioned Officers Association – Jon R. Ostrowski, SCPO USN (Ret.) of Oakton
- Paralyzed Veterans of America – Terry D. Labar, Maj USMC (Ret.) of Fredericksburg
- Reserve Officers Association – David K. Sitler, LTC USA (Ret.) of Midlothian
- Roanoke Valley Veterans Council – Perry C. Taylor, Jr., SGT USA (Ret.) of Salem
- Veterans of Foreign Wars – Dan Boyer, Col USAF (Ret.) of Galax
- Vietnam Veterans of America – Charles R. Montgomery, Jr., SGT USA (Ret.) of Virginia Beach
- Virginia National Guard Association – Adam Provost, CPT VAARNG of Charlottesville
- Women Marines Association – Marie G. Juliano, Lt Col USMC (Ret.)* of Dumfries
State Emergency Medical Services Advisory Board
- Byron R. Andrews, III* of Sterling, Deputy Chief, Alexandria Fire Department; representing the Virginia State Firefighters Association
- Richard H. "Chip" Decker, III* of Henrico, CEO, Richmond Ambulance Authority; representing Old Dominion EMS Alliance
- William Ferguson of Rocky Mount, Division Chief of Operations, Franklin County Department of Public Safety; representing the Virginia Association of Government EMS Administrators
- Jason R. Jenkins* of Haymarket, Battalion Chief, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue; representing the Virginia Chapter of the International Association of Firefighters
- John Korman, ENP of Washington, DC, Communications Operations Supervisor, Department of Public Safety Communications, Fairfax County; representing the Virginia Association of Public Safety Communications Officials
- Cheryl Lawson, MD, FACEP* of Newport News, Medical Director of EMS; representing Peninsulas EMS
- Genemarie W. McGee MS, BSN, RN, NEA-BC* of Chesapeake, Chief Nursing Officer, Sentara Healthcare; representing the Tidewater EMS Council
- R.D. Passmore, NRP of Galax, Chief of Emergency Medical Services, Galax-Grayson Emergency Medical Services; representing Southwest Virginia EMS Council
- Daniel Wildman*of Fredericksburg, Vice President, LifeCare Medical Transports, Inc.; representing the Virginia Ambulance Association.
Virginia Biotechnology Research Park Authority
- Mary C. Doswell* of Richmond, Senior Vice President, Dominion Energy Solutions, Dominion Resources, Inc.
- Gail L. Letts* of Midlothian, Richmond Region President, C & F Bank
Virginia Board of Workforce Development
- Virginia R. Diamond, JD of McLean, Special Counsel, Ashcraft & Gerel, LLP